Your Ad Here

Monday, February 9, 2009

Mallika Sherawat starrer was Nagin


From Nagin to Hissss

The title of Jennifer Lynch's Irrfan Khan-starrer was Nagin, but Irrfan was unhappy with it, so he suggested that the title be changed.

Jennifer then came up with an alternative and suggested that the film be called Hissss.

Our source close to the unit says, “Irrfan was not very happy with the title as it sounded woman-oriented, so he asked the producer to change it. He also said that because he had an international market, the change in the title would help the film.”

When we spoke to Irrfan Khan to confirm the story, he clarified, “I did not have any problem with the title because it sounded like a female-oriented name; my problem was that there have been other films titled Nagin earlier. I thought that it may create confusion. Also it was not only my thought, but everyone else thought so too. Jennifer then came up with the title Hissss, which I think is brilliant and we all loved it. Jennifer is an excellent writer so she can come up with this kind of title - I have not suggested the title of the film.”

0 comments: